BREAKING: Sad Hill News Exclusive…
Within 3 hours of posting the following article on SHN, ”Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw tells citizens, ‘We want people to call us if the guy down the street says he hates the government‘ (Part 1: HERE) Drudge Report listed the story as its top news (still visible: HERE) and the owner of PBSOTalk contacted Sad Hill, grateful for shedding light on “one of the most corrupt Democrat leaders of any law enforcement agency in the country.”
After hearing PBSOTalk’s numerous encounters with Sheriff Ric Bradshaw, it became rather obvious why this particular sheriff would need to clamp down on free speech and those who hate ‘corrupt’ government…
UPDATE: There are now over 600 comments regarding a Sheriff Bradshaw article posted on his local paper’s website, and judging from what I read, Sheriff Ric Bradshaw will need to start investigating 600+ ‘corrupt-government haters’: HERE
UPDATE #2: Let’s hope the Palm Beach Post puts on their reporter’s hat (currently in storage like most government-subsidized mainstream media) and turns over a few documented rocks PBSOTalk is pointing out…
Sheriff Ric Bradshaw: The Most Corrupt Leader Of Any Law Enforcement Agency In The Country?
PBSOTalk owner – Mark Dougan, former deputy sheriff of Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO) – shares his firsthand experience of sheriff Bradshaw’s attempts to ‘silence the truth’:
Sad Hill and SHN Readers,
My name is Mark Dougan and I own PBSOTalk.com. My web site is “Exposing the Culture of Corruption in the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.” I am under attack from the Palm Beach “Corruption County” Sheriff, Ric Bradshaw, and his Chief Deputy Michael Gauger for exercising my rights to free speech – exposing corruption within their organization. I know a bit about corruption in the agency – I was a deputy there until swift retaliation forced me to resign. After I blew the whistle on Brent Raban for posting his beatings on Facebook, and wrote in a report ‘a sergeant ordered me to commit a felony’, they levied a barrage of Internal Afairs investigations against me in an effort to have me terminated. Before this, I was the Deputy of the month in 2008 and nominated again that same year. My personnel file is riddled with letters of commendation from citizens and supervisors.
I was inspired and have always been awestruck by what Larry Flynt did for our First-Amendment rights ever since I saw the movie, “The People vs. Larry Flynt” in high school. Though I had not given these liberties much thought for many years, the importance of what Mr. Flynt did for our country has recently become apparent and I find myself fighting the same battles and have dedicated myself to the same cause.
Recently, a nationally renown law-enforcement author, Jim Donahue, who was arrested after filing to run against Sheriff Bradshaw, stated (Click HERE to hear the audio):
“Ric Bradshaw is one of the ringleaders of one of the most corrupt public organizations in the country. I have seen what has gone on in Palm Beach County and recognize that in that county there is a level of corruption and dishonesty that puts the Chicago political machine to shame. In fact, it’s the kind of people in power in Palm Beach County that are the kind of people my dad fought in WWII to WWII to defeat. They are threatening the very fabric of our republic.”
Mark Dougan – whistleblower
· Sheriff Ric Bradshaw was caught stealing a firearm from the evidence room (Click: HERE to view the documentation). In the same sworn deposition, it was discovered Sheriff Bradshaw ordered detectives to falsify evidence against a black defendant to put him in jail. Sheriff Bradshaw has already been successfully sued for discrimination and is currently facing up to 31 lawsuits for discrimination. If successful, the payouts for these suits come from the taxpayers.
· Sheriff Bradshaw’s friend, Lt. Dan Burrows, was caught stealing the pain medication off the nightstand of a man who was dying of cancer. Sheriff Bradshaw refused to let Internal Affairs take any action and ordered them to hide his crimes (Click HERE to read the story). When PBSO SWAT Lieutenant Dan Burrows was caught stealing the pain medication off the nightstand of a dying deputy and made that same dying deputy to get out of his “death bed” and open his safe to steal additional pain meds and firearms, Sheriff Bradshaw attempted to conceal this crime and arrested the disgusted IA investigator who leaked it to the media.
· Sheriff Ric Bradshaw was using his county credit card to treat campaign contributors to meals at lavish restaurants and bars. Some of these people have ties to the Colombo Crime Family. (Click HERE to view the documentation). Sheriff Bradshaw was fully aware of these ties to organized crime, as it was pointed out by the Palm Beach Post in 2008 (Click HERE to read the Palm Beach Post article). The Florida Ethics Commission found that the purchases with taxpayer money were “not in the proper performance in his official duties.”
· Sheriff Ric Bradshaw has been extorting money from seniors by raising their property taxes. He threatens they will become victims of violent gang-related crime because he will have to shut down their substations and cut police services. He then uses the money to buy off civilian employees who work for his campaign, to include about $6 Million per year in “company cars” the civilians drive to and from work and free gasoline, all funded by the taxpayer (Click HERE to view the documentation).
· Sheriff Bradshaw committed two felonies in May 2011 when he falsified an official document, alleging fraud, to receive a new county purchasing card in an attempt to hide his purchases from records request.
· Sheriff Bradshaw spent $12,313 to purchase silver-plated revolvers, complete with engraved name plaques, to present to each elected Sheriff in Florida. When public records requests were made, the Sheriff repeatedly lied (committing four misdemeanor counts of violating the sunshine law), however, a photograph from Sheriff Martin Crowder was obtained, as well as a confirmation that he was personally presented the firearm from Bradshaw. Also obtained was the invoice from the distributor which shows that they were purchased by the Sheriff’s Office (Click: HERE for the documentation. Note: the invoice has a typo but it was made out to PBSO’s address and to the attention to PBSO Events Coordinator Carol Verdigi).
· Sheriff Ric Bradshaw spent $89,000 on three(3) massive BBQ grills to be used at reelection campaign events, as well as being used for fund raising drives for the P.B.C. Police Benevolent Association. This does not include the three(3) diesel trucks in the amount of about $100,000. This information is known far and wide and even brought up in the candidate debate at the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office race. What an embarrassment to the citizens of Palm Beach County (to see the records, click: HERE).
· Sheriff Ric Bradshaw allowed a PBSO Lieutenant to commit felonies to include wiretapping. There were also credible allegations of rape, with evidence, though it was swept under the rug.
· I obtained and posted a deposition where a police chief testified Sheriff Bradshaw stole a gun from evidence and ordered detectives to fabricate reports to convict blacks.
· I obtained proof he was falsifying public records.
· I obtained proof he was using tax payer dollars to take campaign contributors with ties to organized crime to fancy restaurants.
· I have uncovered millions in waste, fraud and abuse, reported by many local newspapers and television stations.
In addition to having an anonymous forum that allows people to post statements and corruption about the Palm Beach County government without fear of retaliation, I post the documents I receive in my document repository, located at http://docs.pbsotalk.com so that people can see the proof for themselves.
As a former police officer, I found that far too many leaders twist the laws and use them for the personal benefit of stifling free speech. I am now a target for my web site and writings and they are targeting people anonymously posting and “blowing the whistle” on my site.
To protect the anonymity of those posting on my web site, I have my own server. I pride myself in providing honest cops with a forum to anonymously blow the whistle. Since I do not log IP addresses, there is no way they can subpoena this information from me like they can from a typical web host.
Since I started my web site, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office started a massive criminal investigation to try and seize my server that hosts my web forum. I found this out when the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested an Internal Affairs Lieutenant (Johnson) on five felony counts for leaking information to my web site.
The information he was leaking was the fact that a S.W.A.T. Lieutenant (Burrows) was stealing pain medications from a deputy dying a horrible death from cancer. The Sheriff, being friends with Lt. Burrows, ordered Internal Affairs to sweep it under the rug. It was leaked to my site and therefore the media, which forced the Sheriff to take action. In the arrest affidavit for Lt. Johnson, it was revealed I was the subject of a criminal investigation in an attempt to seize my computers and shut down my web site. In fact, the arrest affidavit states, “They [the investigators] are trying to find anything they can on this guy but keep running into brick walls… They have nothing so they can’t seize his computers…”
They couldn’t charge me criminally so in February 2013, so the Sheriff’s campaign manager attempted to purchase my web site in the amount of $75,000 using taxpayer’s money. I refused and instead flew an airplane banner over the Honda Classic Golf Tournament that stated:
“Our Sheriff is a Thief – PBSOTalk.com”
Sheriff Bradshaw and Chief Deputy Gauger know they cannot silence me:
· They know I am willing to trade my liberty to allow the anonymous, protected free speech of those within the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and anyone else who wants to post on my web site.
· They know they cannot intimidate me – they have already harassed my family and friends at their places of employment as well as threatening me with criminal arrest and I have repeatedly told them I shall not yield.
· They know they cannot deter me – my brother received a telephone call from Chief Deputy Gauger about a month ago. Gauger told my brother he was investigating my entire family and it would not stop until my web site was shut down. When my brother told him he could not be of assistance, he told my brother if he tells me of the phone call, he will have him arrested for divulging the nature of a criminal investigation (there is no such charge in Florida that applies to civilians).
This is my fight but it is not only my fight. It is the fight of every American that values the protections set forth in the Constitution of the United States. It is a fight to defend our freedom of speech for when the government takes it away from me, a man willing to give everything to protect it, they will take it away from everyone who is not as dedicated as I.
Email Mark: HERE
Part 1 of this story: HERE
WHERE’S Mark Dougan now?: HERE