as is a locust.
Investigative journalism is dead.
Unfortunately, that means we’ll be watching Fast and Furious (aka Project Gunrunner) reruns from here on out — to make it appear as though something is actually being done. He-Said-She-Said. Political grandstanding. Pure mainstream media bubblehead fodder.
- When Lou Dobbs first informed the public about Project Gunrunner, I posted it: HERE, then HERE
- And when SHN discovered that Fast and Furious was funded by Obama’s 2009 stimulus, I posted it: HERE
- And if that wasn’t ‘news’, despite Barack Hussein Obama and Eric Holder repeatedly denying knowledge of Project Gunrunner over the years, in 2009 Holder bragged about Project Gunrunner at the arms trafficking conference in Cuernavaca, Mexico, posted on SHN: HERE
- At that time, there was still barely a peep on Project Gunrunner from CNN, MSNBC, LA Times, NY Times, Washington Post, USA Today or the Associated Press, as posted: HERE and HERE
- And if that wasn’t enough, SHN learned that the IRS, the DEA and ICE were also connected to Project Gunrunner: HERE
- And if that wasn’t ‘news’, in July 2011 Eric Holder again denied all prior knowledge of Project Gunrunner, despite the screen capture I made (see below) of Holder’s transcribed 2009 speech posted on the DOJ’s website where Eric Holder clearly states, “My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the SouthWest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner”: HERE
Years and years of low-hanging fruit, and yet here we are – once again – witnessing government-subsidized MSM recycle Eric Holder’s statements of denial as if its ‘news.’
Hey FOX News, and every other alphabet network out there… how about performing an actual investigation, instead of living off timely government-issued bread crumbs and sensationalism? You’ve had years to do it.
Yeah FOX, I see the half-naked women you paste all over the front page of your website. Exactly who is your target audience?
Recent front page screen capture of FOX News website:
Where was I? Oh yeah, the sensational ‘breaking news’ on Fast and Furious — SHOCKING!:
Did White House know about Fast & Furious? ‘I don’t know,’ Holder testifies
(FOX News) Attorney General Eric Holder appeared to frustrate House GOP lawmakers Thursday when asked which high-ranking Obama administration officials knew about an ill-conceived tactic in the Justice Department’s Fast and Furious weapons sting.
In a tense exchange in which GOP Rep. Lamar Smith asked Holder whether he or anybody else in the Justice Department told the White House about a so-called gun-walking tactic after it appeared to contribute to the 2010 death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent, Holder replied, ‘I don’t know.’
The exchange occurred during a hearing held by the House Judiciary Committee, on which Smith is the chairman.
‘When was anyone in the White House informed of the tactics used under Operation Fast and Furious?’ asked Smith, R-Texas.
Holder replied: ‘I don’t know?’
When Smith asked Holder if he personally told the White House, Holder replied: ‘There was contact between staff…I don’t myself remember any direct contact.’
Holder is expected later in the hearing to face his toughest accuser and antagonist on Capitol Hill when he comes face to face with GOP Rep. Darrell Issa, who is expected to ask questions about new information regarding the botched Fast and Furious operation.
Issa, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, released information Monday about six wiretap applications that he says prove high-ranking Justice Department officials knew about the gun-walking tactic.
Issa, R-Calif., says the applications were signed by Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer, Holder’s second in command.
The Obama administration has repeatedly said high-level Justice Department officials had no specific knowledge of the gun-walking tactic.
Screen capture of Eric Holder’s transcribed 2009 speech, as posted on the DOJ’s website:
DOJ Wiretap Authorization: HERE
Project Gunrunner Briefing Paper: HERE
Project Gunrunner: DOJ / ATF smuggle guns to Mexican drug cartel: HERE
Project Gunrunner: DOJ authorized wiretap of ATF’s ‘Fast and Furious’: HERE
No Fast and Furious justice for Project Gunrunner culprits: HERE
Project Gunrunner – Now in theaters everywhere!: HERE
Washington Post and CBS receive $2 million in ObamaCare Taxpayer subsidies: HERE