“I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth.”
Barack Hussein Obama, June 4, 2008
In 2008 during one of his infamous ‘hope and change‘ speeches, the newb conveniently forgot to mention a few of his economy crushing action items – like dependance on foreign oil – thereby eliminating the need to reveal an accurate chart such as this one, indicating where gas prices would be in the year 2012:
(Graph courtesy of All American Blogger)
Yup. When Obama took office the average US gas price was just $1.84 per gallon. Brian L. Milne of Telvent DTN recently stated that by June, the U.S. average will be above $4 per gallon. And that in some parts of the country, gas would rise above $5 per gallon.
Who cares! What we struggling Americans are dying to know is, ‘Where’s Queen Michelle going on her next vacation?’
Michelle’s Ski Trip Marks 16 Obama Vacations
(Washington Examiner) First lady Michelle Obama’s weekend jaunt to Aspen, Colorado for a President’s Day ski holiday with her daughters Sasha and Malia makes the 16th time members of the first family have gone on extended vacations during their three years in office.
Their stay at the home of a major Chicago fundraiser for President Obama makes the fifth time the first lady and her daughters have taken a break from Washington on their own. Only once has Obama had a long weekend out of town and alone, celebrating his 49th birthday in Chicago in August 2010. [... Obama's] have become more controversial because of the costs associated with moving the first family to a public vacation spot, unlike the Bushes to their remote ranch in Crawford, Texas. For example, the Hawaii Reporter said the first family’s 2011 Christmas vacation in Hawaii would exceed $1.5 million. Critics and even some in his own party say the vacations present a bad image at a time when many Americans are struggling to get by during the recession. According to recent Harris poll, only three in 10 said they plan to take a vacation lasting longer than a week in the next six months, and that number has been dropping during the recession as people worry about the costs of vacations. Other polls have found that less than half of all Americans take all the vacation time they earn because they can’t afford trips.
Let’s take a peek, shall we, at His & Her Majesty’s growing list of vacations (not including Obama’s 95+ rounds of golf)…
The Obama Vacation List
– President’s Day 2012, Michelle and the first daughters in Aspen, Colorado to ski.
– Christmas 2011, the first family in Hawaii for an extended vacation.
– Summer 2011, in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., for the annual beach break.
– June 2011, the first lady, her mother and daughters traveled to South Africa and Botswana.
– President’s Day 2011, the first lady and first daughters travel to Vail to ski.
– Christmas 2010, in Hawaii.
– August 2010, the first family traveled to Panama City Beach, Fla., for some sun and fun at the beach.
– August 2010, Obama spent the weekend alone in Chicago for his 49th birthday bash.
– August 2010, the first lady and daughter Sasha traveled to Spain for a mother-daughter vacation.
– August 2010, summer vacation again at Martha’s Vineyard.
– July 2010, the first family went to Mount Desert Island, Maine.
– May 2010, the first family had a four-day trip to Chicago.
– March 2010, first lady and daughter spend Spring Break in New York City.
– Christmas 2009, Hawaii again for the annual break.
– August 2009, at Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon for a short vacation.
– August 2009, their first summer vacation as first family at Martha’s Vineyard, Mass.
Obama to Brazil [Soros], ‘We want to be one of your best customers’: HERE
Obama + George Soros + Petrobras + Brazil oil + $ Billions USD: HERE
Pain at the pump — media lap dogs silent: HERE
Aspen hates Vail: Wins latest battle in Michelle Obama endless ski vacation war: HERE
Obama, ‘I won’t unilaterally disarm my super PAC, but I will unilaterally disarm America: HERE
Obama defends ‘the right’ to exterminate 54+ million lives: HERE
Merry Christmas ObamaNation: 1-in-6 Floridians now depend on food stamps: HERE
ObamaNation – Florida park to become tent city for homeless population: HERE
Bailout Payback? Realtors double-counting homes sales for last 5 years: HERE
US Unemployment 20%+: HERE
False unemployment and phony jobs claim: HERE
Media fall for phony ‘jobs’ claim: HERE
Ben Bernanke tells everyone at neighborhood bar how, ‘screwed US economy really is’: HERE
‘On the twelfth day of Christmas Obama gave to me…’: HERE
Sick of hope and change: HERE